Fears are like a storm. They only pass with some time and strength



Fears are like a storm. They only pass with some time and strength

     I find that fear often comes from an experience in your life. You aren't born with the fear of something, for example snakes, but once you experience seeing or hearing a snake, you may become afraid. An example from my life, would be my fear of spiders. When I was first born, I wasn't fearful of spiders. In fact, I didn't have much opinion on them, even once I was old enough to see them and acknowledge them living. It wasn't until I had first seen one on the outside of a window pane, its slender body crawling across the clear glass, that I got this uncomfortable feeling. I thought they were unappealing to look at. A little interesting, but mainly just disgusting. Now, I have fully developed a fear of them, and get a unsettling feeling when I see one. So what is your fear? 

     I also believe that some fears are important to try and conquer. Instead of holding this fear inside you, try and find out why you are so afraid, and work to change your fearful emotion, to a more calmed emotion that can end up helping you end this fear. Honestly, I don't have confidence that I'll get over my fear of spiders, but I have gotten over my fear of sharks, which now, to me, sounds like a silly thing to fear over. I achieved my goal of conquering my fear, by taking time to figure out what I disliked about sharks. The 2 main things I thought of were how they can be violent, and how they have razor-like teeth. But it isn't likely they'll hurt me, so why fear? Today, think about this!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships with a mirror

Memorial Day!

"That's a Bop"